Things to consider when buying a hedge trimmer
The key to creating a beautifully manicured, healthy hedge is using the right hedge trimmer. Here are a few simple tips to help you choose the best hedge trimmer to fit your needs.
The right style for the job
With a complete line of single-sided, double-sided, and pole hedge trimmers, we have a hedge trimmer to fit your specific landscape.
- Single-sided hedge trimmers are designed mainly for straight sections of hedge. With teeth on one side of the cutting bar, the blade can be longer without the machine becoming too heavy. A longer blade lets you clip larger areas in a single sweep.
- Double-sided hedge trimmers are designed for trimming hedges up to chest height. A double-sided trimmer can be equipped with an adjustable rear handle for increased flexibility and better ergonomics when trimming the sides of hedges. For shaping hedges, the double-sided trimmer is your best option.
- Pole hedge trimmers are used for cutting tall hedges, or really low hedges and ground cover. The adjustable cutting bar allows you to customize the angle of your cutting motion, providing access to hard to reach hedges without a ladder or cherry picker. The engine acts as a counterweight to the cutting bar, so the machine remains well balanced while you work. This minimizes strain on your back, shoulders, arms and hands.
Gas or battery-powered
If noise and emissions are of concern, consider a battery-driven hedge trimmer. Powered by a 40-volt lithium-ion battery, the Husqvarna Battery Series hedge trimmer is lightweight, quiet, ergonomic, and produces no exhaust fumes or emissions. Battery-powered hedge trimmers also reduce vibrations that typically lead to operator fatigue and strain on arms, shoulders and hands. The operational costs for battery-driven units are also extremely low as charging the battery pack costs a fraction of filling the tank with gas.
Compare our products and get more informationHedge trimmers
A few facts to help you along the way
- Make sure that the hedge trimmer has an efficient vibration-dampening system for better, more comfortable use
- Hedge trimmers with emission controls are better for you as well as the environment
- Choose a hedge trimmer with the appropriate length of cutter bar for the job you intend to do